This seminar on design for lithography print was helpful in terms of how to communicate with printers, different types of binding and paper stocks.
Types of bind:
- Perfect bound
- Saddle stitched – stapled
- Exposed binding – opens out perfectly
- Square bound
- G.F Smith
- Fenner paper
- Robert Horn
- Independent paper
- Dixon & Roe
- Ask for a quote by a specific date – ASAP is not specific.
- Title of work
- How many colours? Any pantone colours?
- Mention budget – printers can advise about stock, finishing to keep within budget.
Examples of Push Print's work Marissa brought along with her: