- Bright ideas
- The clients save their energy because LBi do all the hard work
Wednesday, 16 December 2009
Tuesday, 15 December 2009
Monday, 14 December 2009
Friday, 11 December 2009
Thursday, 10 December 2009
Craig Oldham, formally from The Chase but currently working for Music based in the heart of Manchester. His lecture was basically telling us the 12 things you’ll learn in your first 12 months after graduating from University. It was also a great insight into how to communicate with people to maintain working and social relationships, and keeping sane.
12 points [I didn’t get the beaut of a leaflet so had to research/steal these.]
- Understand Graphic Design and what it means to you.
- Have a life outside of Design.
- A portfolio isn’t just for an interview, it’s for you.
- Share your ideas.
- Placements are important.
- Making mistakes is good and part of your development.
- Be honest about your strengths and weaknesses.
- Everybody knows each other in the Design industry.
- Being a Graphic Designer is a job, being a designer is different.
- You don’t have to work in London.
- Work hard and be nice to people.
- Designing is only about 20% of your job.
Music’s work is absolutely amazing; it’s extremely playful and not afraid to push the boundaries and try new things. I love their visual identity and marketing material for a new development of holiday accommodation in Turkey, they’d created a bespoke box to house the booklet in which resembled a pair of flip flops. It is such an innovative idea sometimes I wonder how people think of these things.