Wednesday 16 December 2009

LBi

This YCN brief was to use typography across any medium to explore the possibilities of meaning behind the LBi name. Acronyms can be dull and confusing; LBi stands for Lost Boys international but what else could it stand for? Whatever I decide LBi stands for, it has to be fresh, engaging and entertaining. With this in mind I researched LBi as a company and further thinking led me to take this as a branding brief rather than a 'typography brief' as it was stated. 

My first idea came from directly linking the imagery to typography using the idea of the formatting of text. From here I played with different acronyms which I thought portrayed LBi as a company. 


Alas, an idea I can work with. Although in it's early stages I decided to take 'Luminous Bright ideas' forward and create light bulb packaging as a promotional 'direct mail-type' device [with thanks to Belle for sparking the idea]
With wise words from Ian Anderson in mind, the idea in itself isn't 'radical' which means I need to execute this really well and push it further to project a more cohesive message. The message I'm trying to get across is using the energy saving light bulb because it connotes:
  • Bright ideas
  • The clients save their energy because LBi do all the hard work
  • Eco-friendly
I like idea of creating a limited edition run of either 50-100 which would be screen printed and labelled 1-50W. Could I show the energy of ideas? In terms of a 1W idea being utter shit and 50W being amazing? 

This is just something I created on initial the hand-in morning, not on brief I just liked the idea of the logo. I do waste my time.

Drawing a load of light bulbs up on illustrator to push my idea further...
The light bulb itself is cliche, but what if I show a massive range of light bulbs?

OUTCOME










No comments:

Post a Comment